Sunday, September 26, 2021

N291DR 1.8 Flight to Byron with Sam

This was Sam's first flight in a small airplane. He ended up with me, in an LSA, in the afternoon, going towards the Central Valley (there was fog towards the coast). Lucky him?

Takeoff was uneventful, and we flew to Byron and landed in a rather gusty wind on Rwy 23. We walked around and talked about planes, then took off straight out Rwy 23, flew around Mount Diablo, then landed at KRHV.

My first attempt at landing at KRHV was rather embarrassing. I came in fast, tried to "rescue" things by making it a wheel landing, bounced, and ended up going around. My next attempt was successful, though nowhere near as short as I would like.

In general, I think I need more practice doing basic landings in gusty, cross-windy conditions. I think I was actually better at these when we first got 1DR, when I was practicing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment