Saturday, September 18, 2021

N291DR 1.6 Flight to Hollister with Lauren

I took my friend and neighbor Lauren for her first ever small plane flight!

We took off uneventfully to a clearing but somewhat bumpy late morning sky. On the way South, I demonstrated what the controls did, and of course the Dutch roll exercise turned her stomach! Yikes! We then motored down and took in the scenery. I decided not to try to land at Frasier Lake, because of the bumpiness, but we landed at Hollister instead.

After talking with some glider folk and gawking at some Cal Fire planes, we took off again and came home -- I had to return the plane in time for my co-owner to go on a trip. Lauren took the controls for quite a while and did really well. Landing at KRHV again was un-eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment