Tuesday, August 10, 2021

N291DR 1.7 Solo flight to Frasier Lake

Flew to Frasier Lake (1C9) for practice. Did 3 landings. 4 landings total today, counting the one at KRHV.

The air was mildly bumpy, but not too bad. At 1C9, I had 3 short approach attempts. On one, I chickened out and added power, when I could have just slowed to glide speed and glid in. On another, I was a bit too fast but I managed to stop before the first taxiway. The best one was a perfect landing from abeam the windsock, turning back and landing between the windsock and the first taxiway.

I flew around the hills and checked stuff out and took some pictures.

On my way inbound KRHV I was asked for "best forward speed" -- so I flew about 100 knots indicated and dived down, slowing down just in time and making it off Taxiway Bravo. I touched down a bit too fast and had some tailwheel shimmy, but otherwise I'd call that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment