Friday, August 13, 2021

N291DR 1.4 Flight with Melissa to Frasier Lake

Intended to fly to the coast and maybe land at the Monterey Bay Academy, but the coast was clouded over when we got there. Instead toured the Hollister Hills, did 2 landings at Frasier Lake, flew up the reservoirs, and landed at KRHV. Nice, calm evening flight.

My spot landings were mostly okay. At Frasier Lake, I did two power-off 180s, and came maybe 50 feet short of my landing spot. There was a stiff wind, so I was under-compensating for that. My first one was super smooth; the second one I hit a gust and came down a bit bumpily. For my landing at KRHV, I "called it" at some point then cut power and glided in. I crossed the threshold and touched down and made it off at Twy B, but I was skimming the ground a bit fast and then micro-jerked the stick back and floated up and had to settle back down with a bit of a bump. I need to get the jerkies out of my stick during my flare!

No comments:

Post a Comment