Saturday, March 16, 2019

N291DR 3.5 Solo

Insurance requires 10 dual + 5 solo for N291DR. I finished my dual and got a TW signoff. Today was my first solo time.

I flew KRHV C83 (Byron) and, at Byron, spent a long time doing various takeoffs and landings. My co-owner and CFI Sergey Kataev was there, and he gave me encouraging remarks. I was mingling with the skydiving ops; the glider launches; and the normal folks, which made for a sometimes harrowing experience. At some point a Cherokee showed the frack up really low, barreling in a curving path for the runway, without announcing themselves on CTAF or joining the pattern. We were all aghast. When we asked what they were doing they said something about leaving the area, banked sharply, and buzzed away. Whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment