Sunday, March 24, 2019

N291DR 1.9 Flight to Livermore with Aden

This was my first pax-carrying flight in N291DR, with my son Aden.

We took off from KRHV and flew towards Mount Diablo. Aden flew from the Calaveras reservoir onward, all around the mountain. I coordinated the rudder for him and changed power settings, but otherwise he flew around without any trouble and checked things out.

We then tried to go to Byron, but there were low clouds with haze under them, so I decided to abort and go to Livermore. I made an uneventful short approach and 3-point landing, a bit nose low but not horrible.

We took off uneventfully and landed in KRHV. There I was given a straight in to Rwy 13L, which for some reason threw off my landing (what? all that time to prepare? eek!). Since the air was a bit bumpy I elected to do a wheel landing, which went fine but a bit to the right of centerline.

Aden helped me refuel the plane -- we made a really good "pit crew" and got the plane tucked in quite efficiently!

No comments:

Post a Comment