Sunday, December 20, 2020

N291DR 1.0 Quick flight around KRHV

I wanted to test out Airball, but because the charging circuit lies to you about whether it's charging the battery, it turns out my probe was out of juice. So I just went out for a quick flight. 3 full stop landings.

Departed KRHV with a short-field takeoff with flaps 2. Climbed out to about 6,500', clearing turns, then did some steep turns, slow flight, and stalls. The main thing with steep turns I need to learn are:

  • Stop working too hard. Steady body, steady hands, look out the window, and use all your senses.
  • Get the plane coordinated, especially in right turns (where for some reason I have a tendency to hold in top rudder). Then it will fly itself around the turn. Just keep it there.
  • Try to sense the stick back force required, and be aware of it.
I made PTS on most of the turns but they were nothing to write home about. Oh well.

Back home, I did a couple of landings. On one of them I went around because I was too high in the pattern and didn't account for the extra energy. They were not super short landing stuff, but they were passable.

No comments:

Post a Comment