Saturday, August 3, 2019

N291DR 1.1 Airball data gathering flight

Quick Airball data gathering flight. Departed KRHV, did one landing and two go-arounds at E16, then returned and landed at KRHV.

At E16, I went around once because I misjudged the pattern and ended up offset, with bumpy air. The next time around a Cessna was ahead of me. They went around reporting something about "--ong wind". I was like, wrong wind? I am not the brightest dude but even I don't fancy landing with a tailwind if I can help it. I tried to look at the windsock as I was on final, and all I could tell is either it was pointing straight at me or straight away from me. By the time I realized the wind was indeed favoring the runway I was on, I was too high to make a clean landing so I went around again. And anyway by that time I needed to go home and analyze my data so I decided to return to KRHV.

No comments:

Post a Comment