Wednesday, July 31, 2019

N291DR 2.4 Solo Boonville to Reid-Hillview

Flying back from vacation in Boonville. Departed and flew direct Cloverdale, climbing to 7,500' MSL for safe clearance of mountains. Flew to Petaluma, landed, and fueled up. Did a few takeoffs and landings, then flew back to KRHV.

Milestone: My first ever solo touch and goes! :) I need to get a bit of a feel of these; in one case I pushed power in and the airplane leapt into the air in 3-point attitude! But generally okay.

I got relatively good at short field landings. Approach 50 full flaps, slip if needed, a touch of power if needed, then round out and make a 3-pointer. Nothing to it. I was off at the first taxiway every time.

I think I also had lost the habit of looking at my horizon when landing -- I'm not sure where I was looking. I re-drilled into myself: Learn 3-point position, then look for it, keep your eyes forward. What do you know, it worked. Better 3-point landings. #themoreyouknow.

No comments:

Post a Comment