Sunday, September 23, 2018

N712MF 1.6 Flight to the coast with Jocelyn

Flew to the coast with my friend Jocelyn -- her first ride in a truly "little" airplane.

We took off from KRHV and flew a left downwind 31L departuer. We did one landing at E16 then flew off to the coast and came back up following Highway 17, then through the KSJC Class C and back to KRHV.

One landing at E16, which was a normal (not short) approach. Worked out fine except I did a bit of a wiggle when a gust caught me in the middle of the runway.

The landing at KRHV was a short approach and it worked out fairly well. I did end up rounding out a bit earlier than I would like to, probably because I arrived with a bit too little energy. Still a pretty late round-out by any normal standards, but my goal is to arrive at 60 kias at the threshold (or as close as possible) then have a long flare. :)

I was hoping to fly over KSJC midfield but at some point they just said to proceed direct KRHV ;) -- but at least we ended up flying close to downtown San Jose which was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment