Saturday, April 25, 2015

N162HG 1.2 Bob

More pre-checkride practice, this time a VFR flight to Hayward, followed by a bunch of closed traffic there, then return to Palo Alto.

It was a very, very, very bumpy and windy day. There was no way I would have flown by myself, but I figured so long as Bob was there, I'd use it as an opportunity to push my limits with wind.

I did better at finding the airport this time, noticing the pattern of built-up areas in relation to the coastline.

Takeoffs and landings were very difficult. I ended up flaring early most of the time. I was also slow on one of the approaches. I think I was very, very freaked out (in the sense of not wanting to screw up, not in the sense of being truly scared -- I actually enjoyed myself quite gleefully!) by the bumps and wind.

Overall, though, I think this was good practice for maintaining control under difficult conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment